Monday, July 13, 2015

Anything but a Card

Welcome to a new week and a new challenge at Make My Monday! The theme this week is to make "Anything but a Card". I decorated an antique children's plate, which I found at a flea market.

I used a vintage image, fussy cut her out and then attached her to the plate with purple leaves tucked behind as wings. I added purple Prima flowers with clear gem centers. The words were printed on the computer, cut out and edges inked.

The plate is one of three that I found. This one had the animals around the edge, another one had the entire alphabet on it and the last one had nursery rhymes. You never know what you may find at flea markets or garage sales!

We'd be delighted to have you join us at Make My Monday this week!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow...this is gorgeous Joan. Love the designs you used on your "repurposed" plate.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is JUST AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!

Marina said...

Great flea marker find and you've made it lovely and unique.

Fliss said...

THis is so beautiful Joan and love that very clever sentiment.
Fliss xx